Sunday, November 20, 2011

Give Up My Ghost

On November 13th in some other dimension where you and I are still together, we would've celebrated 2 years. I didn't even recognize the date had passed until today as I was driving home from a perfect weekend.

I used to think of you often when I was alone. Wonder what you were doing, and if you were happy. Maybe you're thinking of me and wondering the same things. But this week you've made at least 3 appearances in my dreams. Completely non-sexual ways. But you were there. So I felt this coming. I log into Facebook tonight and what do I see but that fucking "poke". The dumbest tool on the Internet.

This is the proverbial "Have you seen my shaving cream?" months-after-moving-out-on-you-call. I think you've been stalking my Facebook for a while, and I've recently went private so you can't see what's up in my life any more. Maybe that's why you did it. Or maybe you can actually sense when I'm happy; when I'm moving forward; when I'm putting you behind me.

Regardless, as much as I wanted to "poke" you back. I didn't. I ignored it. You threw me away as your girlfriend in February, but you threw me away as your best friend in August. You need to leave me in the past too. I meant what I said when I told you I'd never forget you, and that I'd always love you.

I've let you go. Now, you need to let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment