Saturday, November 12, 2011

Must Be Your Skin I'm Sinking In...

Dear Heart,

It's been a while since we formally checked in. We've just been passing in the halls and giving generic waves and 'sups to each other as we stroll by. This week has been a little different, we've had some late night conversations while Stephanie's been sleeping and a couple early morning ones while she's driving and not really awake enough to realize that we're communicating. Heh. That's always fun.
Anyway, I just want to say that I've had some time to sit and think about what you felt the other night when you said you were scared. I totally get it. Gosh, we've been so out of sync for so long that it's like meeting again for the first time. But I swear we make an awesome team.

-You keep feeling scared.
- I'll keep telling you that you're being stupid and chill out.
-You keep falling deeper.
-I'll make sure we stay with our feet on the ground. 

I know you know this and I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse, but you need to remember to slow it down. You're still on that 3rd set of training wheels and while your boo-boos are healed, you still gotta fear that bicycle a little bit. His heart has some things he needs to heal from as well. You know what they are, you were just there a few months ago.

We made a conscious decision together, to get involved in this. I think if we can stick it out through this healing period, and wait for the creases to be ironed out that this guy could be worth all the bullshit that you've put yourself through.

I know what did smacked you. We spent the night. When the morning came we found ourselves in his arms, with his nose in our hair. And at that moment, we both said, "This is perfect." We shared the same thought, the same idea, and we both knew it. It echoed throughout her insides. Let's face it, it's good to see her really smile again.

Partners in crime forever and always,
The Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment