Sunday, September 27, 2009

Starting From Zero Got Nothing To Lose...Me Myself I Got Nothing to Prove....

The sun keeps peeking its head out today, trying to see its way through the clouds... sort of inspiring, too bad I don't paint.

So here I am sitting on my make-shift bed watching my guilty-pleasure America's Next Top Model, yes I watch it and yes I love it. I'm taking time for reflection and making a bigger attempt to enjoy the simpler things in life. I think many times we get so wrapped up in so many trivial things that we forget about the stuff that's really important and means something. We don't take a moment, when we laugh, to really laugh and recognize the happiness and completeness that gives us. Or when we smile, just for no reason, sometimes someone can catch that smile and it might make them feel good. I saw an old man today, and he was just happy. Nothing complicated about it...he was smiling. His eyes had that crinkle in them and there were the lines around his mouth, most call them wrinkles or crows feet.... I call them "happy lines". Someone who has those has laughed and smiled a lot in their lives, and I appreciate that. I want that some day. Anyway, I saw him and it just sort of lifted me up, and made my day.

Not to say that I was feeling down today. I had an excellent evening/night with a new friend and that always makes for a better day. We went to see Transformers 2, he got busted with a bottled water but after he round-housed the movie theatre manager it was smooth sailing. :)
Then we had a good night of honest dialog and scary/interesting movies playing in the background. I always miss the beginning of friendships and the learning about each other. Everything is sort of a clean slate, and you have the power to paint any picture you want, but it's always your duty to be honest...and most people know that I am an open book written in permanent ink and a beat up cover... all it takes is blowing off the dust.

Oh, enjoy my favorite song of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment